About 20 Nautical Miles North West of One fathom bank because it gives ample time for the Master, his Bridge Team and the Pilot to plan and commence the first leg of the South East Bound Passage passage through One Fathom Bank by passing between the two lights (Width is about 6cables) on the recommended deep water route.
Mainly loaded VLCCs,Cape Size Bulk Carriers & Mega Container ships with the draft of 15 to 21 meteres.
48 hrs & 24 hrs before Arrival.
On the Lee side by the Pilot Ladder or Combination ladder rigged as per SOLAS.In adverse weather conditions our Pilots will be winched down by Helicopter in order to have a seamless operation so that the ship is not delayed in arriving at the next port.
Speed of about 6 Kts based on weather condition.
Between 270 and 300 Nautical Miles (Depending on the Embarkation and Disembarkation Points based on weather conditions).
About a day depending on tidal condition and traffic density.
About 21 meters and subject to recommendations by relevant Authorities
3.5 Metres and subject to Master’s and Owner’s approval
Safe Speed at all times & As far as practicable 12 Kts
South of Changi or near Tanjung Ayam
- Foreign Going Master (Class 1) certificate obtained in the UK,Singapore,India Australia and New Zealand .
- Having Command Experience on Foreign Going ships.
- At least 15 years of experience as a Singapore Pilot.
- Piloted at least 10,000 ships including fully laden VLCCs, Large LNG/LPG Vessels,Mega Container Ships and FPSO/Oil Rigs.
Contact Singapore Police Coast Guard on
- VHF Radio Ch7 & 16
- Telephone 65 6377 5540/65 6377 5539
- Fax 65 6276 1627
Maritime and Port Authrity of Singapore
- VHF Radio Ch5,12,18,21,22 or 68
- Telephone 65 6325 2493 / 65 6325 2494
- Fax 65 6224 5776
We can recommend reliable suppliers for your urgent needs.